We will be hosting a Birds of a Feather at SIGGRAPH 2014 this year:
Still Handling Very Large Datasets:
To Mars and Beyond
Thursday, 14 August 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building, Room 3
Managing very large datasets, with an emphasis on planetary visualization, at the media lab at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory - a journey from the past to future.
We'll be talking about the use of very large datasets at the JPL as well as large datasets in general. We'd love to see you joining us there.
Congratulations to Daren Ulmer, John Gross, Cedar Connor and especially Christian Bloch for winning this year's VES Award for "Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project" with their Space Shuttle Atlantis animation.
The team has, amongst many other tools, used infiniMap.
Well done and thank you.
A detailed report of the project is available here.
Today we finally get the chance to talk to Mikael Burman who is Technical Supervisor with the Cinematics Department at Massive an Ubisoft Studio in Sweden.
http://www.massive.se. He was a member of the team that worked on Far Cry 3. It has taken some time to get this busy guy to answer our questions.
A free update to exrTrader has just been released.
It features a small workflow enhancement, speed improvements compressing on Windows as well as a less troublesome licensing process.
Changes since V1.6.1:
- Changed the label of the "Toggle VIPER" button to "Show/Hide VIPER" to make the functionality more clear.
- Changed the "Store all VIPER Buffers" function to only do so during a single frame render to prevent a performance hit when rendering sequences in Layout.
The label has been changed to "Store all Buffers (F9)" to reflect the new behaviour.
- "Review Settings" now detects duplicate output file names.
- Slight, potential, performance improvements when writing files across a network on windows.
- Added a tab to set the options for the AO buffer in LW 11.5 and higher
- Minor speed optimisations due to switching to more recent compilers on all platforms
The update is available in our downloads section.